Calcitonin is a hormone that is mainly secreted by cells located between the thyroid follicles (paralysis cells, C-cells). In small amounts, it is also synthesized by neuroendocrine cells in various tissues: intestinal tract, lung, and others. Calcitonin is involved in the metabolism of calcium and phosphorus. Higher levels of calcitonin in childhood, pregnant women and men. Metabolized by the kidneys and the liver.
Serum calcitonin was tested as a tumour marker for the presence of medullary thyroid carcinoma. The calcitonin test is used to:
- Tracking the effect of ongoing therapy (the first postoperative follow-up should not be performed earlier than 2 weeks after surgery);
- Early detection of recurrence or metastasis;
- For screening medullary carcinoma in relatives of patients with multiple endocrine neoplasias II;
Venous blood in the morning in fasting
Calcitonin, thyroid, osteoporosis
Why choose us?
Laborexpres Ltd. ,founded in 2000 in Varna,is a privately held business.We try to answer consumer’s needs in rapid and discreet way.
We are proud to offer you:
- Access to over a hundred clinical lab tests and health panels to help you monitor your health
- Modern laboratory equipment and professional staff
- Same day testing with actual lab results available online
- Comprehensive and easy to use website
- Privacy-No one else will see your test results
- No appointments
- Affordable pricing , no hidden fees
Over 18 years of development and improvement in service and satisfaction of millions of clients.Get the knowledge you need ,Laborexpres 2000 welcomes you!